Friday, September 15, 2006

Chatsworth

Hey all!

You won't believe the place I visited yesterday. Have you guys seen the 2005 film "Pride and Prejudice", based on the book by Jane Austen? Well, if you have you probably remember Mr. Darcy's house (I don't know if you can call that castle a house). That's exactly where I went yesterday. The nice guys from Orientation Week took us on a field trip to Chatsworth, not owned by Mr. Darcy, but by the Duke of Devonshire. He's the 11th duke, he lives there and the castle has this amazing art collection of old and new pieces.

Unfortunately, we only spent the afternoon there, what kept me from going around the garden (and what a garden!). I did see some parts of it, but it wasn't even 1/8 of the total. I really wanna go back there. And, people walk their dogs there, which is so nice! Of course I thought of taking my Theo there one day.

This morning I talked to the other international students that went there too and asked how amazed they were with all that!! 8-) However, the European students were like: "Yeah... it's all right..." I think they're just used to it, but if you're a Brazilian you can't even imagine such a place so it was beautiful indeed (as they say here). I'm not home right now but as soon as I get there I'll post some of the 200 pictures I've taken.

Last but not least, tonight there's this formal dinner with lots of important people from Sheffield and it's going to be at least a lot of fun. I'll also show you the pictures later, after I take them!!!!!

See you guys later!
And enjoy your weekend!

Iza

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I cant wait to see the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see the pictures Iza!
XOXO,
Michelle

rsm said...

Izabela,
Well... Where can we see the pictures? Is there any special website or are you going to post them right here?
Have fun, Raul!

Anonymous said...

Por que nao:)