Saturday, September 23, 2006

Castleton and Bakewell (in English)

Hey, guys!

Today I've visited two cute small villages in the countryside of Derbyshire. I'm living in Yorkshire but we went on a day trip to meet our neighbours. There are lots of pics on Fotki, and you're gonna see a very old castle (actually, it's only its ruins now) with an amazing view. The castle is located on Castleton, a village with 3 streets.

The other town I went to is a little bit bigger, with shops and police station, and is called Bakewell. There I had the worldy famous "fish and chips" (which I didn't like at all!) and the even more famous (among the British) "traditional Bakewell pudding". The pudding is amazing and the pastry shops are unbelievable delicious.

Tomorrow I'm finally gonna cook (I miss it!) just a simple lunch to 2 friends! I'll tell you ALL about it tomorrow!

Cheers!

No comments: