Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Weekend update

Here I am!

Sick, but getting better... hopefully until the weekend I'll be 100%!

Last weekend was quiet but good! It was actually new for me to stay in Sheffield the whole weekend, for I hadn't done that since I arrived here! On Friday all my plans were cancelled, so I just stayed home and studied (good for me!!). On Saturday, Roberta and I went shopping in the morning... and we only went back home late in the afternoon! We actually did go shopping, and I got some amazing stuff (hopefully you'll be able to see it in pictures soon)! I got this beautiful Chinese style dress (excuse: to wear at Christmas), a cool trench coat (excuse: my coat is still in France!), and tights (reason: I left mine in Brazil!). It was a fine day... even though I spent a little more than planned!

Saturday night I stayed in and studied (you how responsible I am, right?) and then on Sunday I met Sara and Norah (my Saudi-Arabian friends) for a coffee at Starbucks. There I met by chance some Brazilians and a Portuguese friend, and then I went to the movies for a great flashback: I watched Pulp Fiction at the Union cinema... and it felt good to see it on the big screen!

Last week me and the girls ("the girls" = Karla, Norah, Sara, and Roberta) had lunch together twice. On Wednesday, we went to Forum, a nice cafe close to my house, and on Thursday I invited them to eat chez moi. We had lots of fun!!

The best thing now is the next weekend (and the rest of this week, as a matter of fact)! On Thursday there'll be a Brazilian party here in Sheffield, promoted by the Capoeira Society! Of course we are all going and I guess we'll have a great time there! On Saturday, we're going on a day trip to Liverpool (yeah!) and my dear friend Insun (who used to live in Sheffield and is now in London) arrives here! She'll stay for the weekend and after a drink on Sat night we'll have a great Sunday lunch in my place! Can't wait!

This is it for now... a book waits for me, together with lemon tea with honey and a couple of pills... I hope to get better till Thursday night!!

***

Soundtrack: Alicia Keys

PS: Check for some nice updates on my pictures from Brussels here!

No comments: